It’s a beautiful Wednesday here in Missouri and we’re celebrating the first week of fall! What better way to celebrate cooler (perfect) weather than to share a super easy budget recipe?! This Easy Cheesy Taco Bake is a family favorite and it’s so stress-free when paired with simple tortilla chips & salsa or Rotel cheese dip. The ingredients cost about $10 and will feed a family of 4 hungry people. Try this one out and add to your PlanToEat meal plan today!
You may already have a taco bake family recipe and if so, you know how good and easy this thing is! You can adapt the recipe however you want based on your preferences, adding chiles, tomatoes, etc… We don’t get too spicy here at the Saver place because we have young people eating our food (and a spicy wimp….that would be me).
Easy Cheesy Taco Bake
Adapted From: NormalCooking.com
- 1 lb. ground beef (we buy direct from our favorite local farmer, Black Gate Farms)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp Salsa con Queso (or your favorite salsa/cheese dip)
- About 2 cups Mexican cheese blend (or cheese blend of your choice)
- 3 tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350
- Brown beef in skillet & add taco seasoning. Cook as directed on seasoning packet
- Spray an 8×8 square baking pan or circle baking pan (cake pan works well) with non stick cooking spray
- Lay 1 tortilla on bottom of pan
- Put 1/3 taco beef on tortilla, top with 1/3 of your cheese (this is where you can add tomatoes, etc… if you prefer)
- Repeat for 3 layers & Bake 15 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream & enjoy!
Have you ever made a taco bake recipe before? Does your family love this type of dish as much as mine does? If you’ve got an interesting adaption for your own recipe, let me know below!