It’s Frugal Friday and today we’re going to share how to Earn Extra Money Shopping with Jingit! The next time you’re out shopping, make sure and download the Jingit app from the Apple or Google Play store! This app doesn’t take much time at all and allows us to earn some extra bonuses to help with the grocery bill. Best of all, you can do it while you shop at the store. Here’s how the process works:
- Signup for Jingit for free.
- Download the app to your phone and login.
- You’ll be presented with 2 ways to earn money.
- Surveys: The app will have a product survey that requires you to be in a certain store and scan the bar-code of a certain product while checked in at the store location. It’s really simple. As you shop, grab the product off the shelf and scan the bar-code. You’ll be asked a few questions and then they’ll deposit anywhere from 0.20 to .40 cents to your Jingit account! The questions are usually very simple such as asking if the location of the item was easy to find, or asking it the packaging stood out among competitors. The easiest .40 cents you ever made.
- Rebates: Like other programs such as IBotta and Checkout 51 that we cover in our 3 FREE Apps to Save Big Money on Groceries1 post, Jingit offers rebates on certain products that you can claim via scanning your receipt. These amounts are usually a little larger than the survey amounts.
- After earning your rewards, you can redeem and order an eGift card directly from Jingit. The merchants vary, but at as of 5 days ago, the options were Walmart, Sephora, Cabela’s, and AMC Theaters. The minimum balance to order usually varies from $5 to $10.
This app won’t make you rich, but it’s a good way to score a little extra cash doing something you had to do anyway. We can all use a little extra cash right?!
What others apps/ways have you saved money while shopping? If you haven’t yet checked out our post on 3 FREE Apps to Save Big Money on Groceries, hop on over and learn about 3 other similar apps that we use. Happy Friday and have a great weekend!
Disclosure: Some links in this article are affiliate links. All opinions are our own!